Friday, January 26, 2007

Another Angle to Mosques Undercover & CNN's "Exposé"

As some may have seen or heard it, CNN produced another shoddy attempt at a "balanced" view of Muslims. Other blogs talking about it here and here (you can see the videos here too). The only balancing real Muslim I saw on it was Suhaib Hasan and the Niqabi sister (who wasn't given the opportunity to say much at all as opposed to the babbling "I am just like all the rest of the whitees" pro-regressive "Muslim" comedian). Most of the other "moderates" seemed pro-regressive to me as well.

These journalists or soooo out of clue. Now every Muslim kid or vain adult who wants to get famous quick knows the trick. Become extremist-upid (hey that's a neat new word!) and you will be on CNN/BBC quick-- you'll be FAMOUS big-time! You don't have to kill anyone or commit any "real" crime or be a serial killer... just say stupid things like "Listen to me, I am a Muslim with a big beard, so I must know. I know a few verses of the Quran so I am REAL... so I tell you, and you have to believe me because I said so, Islam is NOT a religion of peace. We love to kill, and we are Draculas part-time, our favorite beverage is non-Muslim blood, esp. white women and little babies". That's about all that needs to be said for a guaranteed appearance on prime time TV. And you never know, this extremistupid guy may attract a few extremistupid "chics" who will be willing to be 2nd to 4th wife. I mean all the ugly rock-stars have screaming women, so an ugly extremistupid can also get quite a following! Please, Christine AmanPOOR, give me a BIG break!

Sorry, got carried away there... back to the real point of this post, which is why these "investigative" journalists don't show the other groups engaging in pretty much the same thing. Well, I kinda know why, but to avoid being a conspiracy theorist, I'll skip that discussion. Here is a little discussion that occurred on Sr. Ruth's blog, that gives another angle to the story. Christian Evangelists (whose ranks include President Bush) say about the same kind of things as were said in those undercover secret recordings, YET they face hardly any of the ruckus:

The following exchange is between Al-Ozarka (an average FOX-worshiping, Bush-loving, Muslim-basher with a wierd name):

-------
Ruth, do you feel comfortable with these Muslim brothers [referring to the videos of the Mosques-Undercover]?
Posted by: Al-Ozarka at January 18, 2007 12:54 PM

------
Re: Ozarka... Dare I say "Here we go again"? I bet if I stayed 6 months undercover in a hard-core evangelical church, I'd catch a lot more of gay-bashing, discussions about end-time (including the killing/conversion of unbelievers) and the need to spank your children 'religiously' to keep them straight. And if I take some comments out of context, then it will be even more sensationalist!
Personally, I am sick of this topic. I think we need to start another topic instead: "Persecution of Muslims Around the Globe"... well, that doesn't fit this blog's purpose, but really we need to stop being defensive all the time, esp. considering that there are MORE Muslims dying at the hands of the non-Muslims than the other way around. Its nearly useless talking to these brainwashed individuals. Especially when there are so many open-minded individuals out there to listen and have a reasonable conversation with.
Posted by: Amad at January 18, 2007 09:24 PM

---------
What utter nonsense!
"I bet if I stayed 6 months undercover in a hard-core evangelical church, I'd catch a lot more of gay-bashing, discussions about end-time (including the killing/conversion of unbelievers) and the need to spank your children 'religiously' to keep them straight. And if I take some comments out of context, then it will be even more sensationalist!
Name ONE besides the wackos from Kansas!
Name one that good Christians do not denounce VEHEMENTLY!
Posted by: Al-Ozarka at January 22, 2007 11:25 AM

---------
Al-Ozarka, are you serious? Nice little trap you built for yourself. I don't think I'll have enough space to lay all of them out, but here are a few to get you going (It's interesting that you put the Christians from Kansas in the Wacko category, while all wacko Muslim represent the entire 1.2 billion Muslims for you... I call this double-standards):

On Homosexuality:

Falwell called the gay-oriented Metropolitan Community Churches "brute beasts" and "a vile and Satanic system" that will "one day be utterly annihilated and there will be a celebration in heaven."

Another classic here: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen." (to which Robertson concurred).

Pat Robertson stated that "the acceptance of homosexuality could result in hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, terrorist bombings and "possibly a meteor."

On Jews:
Falwell has asserted that when The Antichrist ("The Beast") comes, he "must be, of necessity, a Jewish male"

On Muslims:

Falwell stated on 60 minutes "I think Muhammad was a terrorist. I read enough by both Muslims and non-Muslims, [to decide] that he was a violent man, a man of war."

On End-time/Armageddon:

Gorenberg is the author of the "End of Days," a book about those Christian evangelicals who choose to read the Bible literally. "They don't love real Jewish people. They love us as characters in their story, in their play, and that's not who we are, and we never auditioned for that part, and the play is not one that ends up good for us."
"The Jews die or convert. As a Jew, I can't feel very comfortable with the affections of somebody who looks forward to that scenario,"

On Spanking for Discipline:

Jim Dobson became well-known with the publication of Dare to Discipline, a book that became a cultural phenomenon among conservative Christian families. Dare to Discipline asserts the value of spanking children who defy their parents. Google "Christian spanking of children" and you will find plenty of supporting materials, including the methodology!

The Evangelical Christian movement, which is one of the largest in America, and has the President on its rolls, believes all this and much more... so Al-Ozarka, are you ready to condemn?

As for the persecution of Muslims, I have laid this challenge out before and continue to do so, count the # of Muslim civilians dying at the hands of non-Muslims, and vice-versa. The reality will hit as soon as you look at the numbers!
Amad

----------------


Needless to say, NO response yet from Al-Ozarka... I guess he's gone to the Ozarks to get some water.... too much heat you know :)

2 comments:

AnonyMouse said...

As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatu,

There are two reactions that I have whenever I read/hear about this sort of thing:

1. I feel like going out and doing my own documentaries and activism and whatever and PROVING to these people that we are NOT as they are showing us to be. This is when I feel like I should study a variety of subjects like political science, journalism, etc.

2. I feel like we should ignore these morons and just focus on learning the Deen and working within the Muslim community to educate ourselves and especially the youth (kids and teens like me); because the kinds of people who bother making 'Undercover Mosque'-like documentaries aren't worth our time and effort. This is when I feel like the only worthwhile things I should study are Islam and social work.

I guess that the best way is the middle way... having a bit of both the things I mentioned above might be the best thing for us.
Now the question is: where are the people whom we need to start doing this stuff? I have ambitions; but Allah only knows if I'll even manage to graduate from high school, let alone become a Shaykha/politician/journalist/social worker/filmmaker/whatever else I can think of!

Your little sister in Islam,
Mouse

Anonymous said...

Most Muslims are terrorists. Let's get real!