For many blog readers who don't speak Arabic, you'll be asking Multaqa what? Multaqa ahl-hadith means the 'Meeting place of the Ahl-Hadith'. This website is one of the most popular discussion forums on the internet, but until now it was only in Arabic. To give you an idea of its popularity, consider these stats:
- Created in 2001.
- 18,000 members (despite moderated membership)
- 80,000 topics and 500,000 posts!
- 700 people online on average, up to a max. of 2100.
- 2600 manuscripts online.
- Over 10,000 books online.
- Many students of knowledge online, incl. from US such as Waleed Idrees.
- Yasir Q.'s testimonial "It is - from my limited knowledge of Arabic sites - the single most beneficial site I have come across, and Allah knows best...
- A wide spectrum of visitors from the non ahl-hadith to the ahl-hadith discussing in a strictly academic format.